New York City Car Accident Lawyer
A car crash could have long-lasting effects on your health, ability to work, and mental well-being. We understand how losing your income while recovering from injuries can take a toll on your life. That is why you need a law firm by your side to help recover the maximum compensation you deserve, along with protecting your rights.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car or truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Auto Accidents That May Require A Lawsuit
The following is a list of the most common motor vehicle accidents throughout New York City, which can lead to serious injuries:
- Pedestrian knockdowns
- Passenger car accidents
- Delivery and other commercial truck accidents
- Rideshare accidents: Uber and Lyft
- Taxi, car service and limo accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Regardless of the type of motor vehicle accident you were involved in, it’s in your best interest to consult with a personal injury law firm to understand your rights to compensation. Insurance companies have their own best interests in mind, so you need to have a team of attorneys working hard to get you the money you may be entitled to.
What Steps To Take After A New York City Motor Vehicle Accident
- Call 911 to report the accident and call for an ambulance.
- Move to the safest possible location.
- If you are still in your car or truck and it’s in working condition, make sure to:
- Turn on your emergency flashing lights
- Remain inside your vehicle
- If possible, get your car to the shoulder or out of traffic
- Turn your ignition off, unless you need heat or AC due to extreme weather
- Take photos of the accident scene.
- Most often, a police report will be filed by the officer who arrives on the scene. If that doesn’t happen, call the local police and file your own police report or an MV 104.
- Make sure you are evaluated and treated by medical personnel immediately. This can be done on scene, in a hospital, or at another medical treatment facility.
- Try to get the insurance information from the other party involved, including the insurance company’s name and policy number.
- Always speak to a personal injury attorney because the insurance adjusters and companies want to limit the compensation they have to pay you.
Get The Compensation You Deserve
The following are the most common money damages that can be recovered from a personal injury lawsuit:
- Lost income during your recovery and future earnings if unable to return to work
- Medical expenses
- Pain & Suffering
- Replacing or repairing your damaged vehicle
- Diminished quality of life
- Lasting emotional trauma
- Scarring or physical disfigurement
Put Katz Melinger PLLC In Your Corner
No matter what type of car accident you have been involved in, you can take steps to regain control after sustaining life-altering significant injuries.
Katz Melinger PLLC partners with some of the most experienced and well-respected car accident and personal injury law firms in New York City to provide comprehensive, smart representation.